Tuesday, September 20, 2011

fireplace

It was a familiar smell. I have woken up to it one day of the year for my entire life.  I wake up my brother and we race downstairs to a room thats filled with our hopes and dreams.  We plop down near the fireplace and wait for my parents to take pictures until we eagerly ask if we can start opening presents. Its always so exciting to see what we get and no matter what it is we love it. We spend the rest of the morning playing and testing our new gifts until the rest of my aunts, uncles, and cousins come over for more presents! Its always one of my favorite times of the year because i only see this side (my moms side) of my family twice a year in a group of everyone, even my cousins in college come home.  I only get to see them twice a year but whenever were in St. Louis visiting them i always have the best of times. I love all the traditions we have as a family. Whenever we go to St. Louis it's good food, my favorite people and christmas presents don't hurt! I love hanging out with my cousins most of them are my age so I hang out with their friends too and ive been going there my whole life so there my friends too! Its cool having two places where I know people.

2 comments:

  1. I wish you'd focus more on the fireplace and what it means to you but I do enjoy the story. Great work Grahamanater.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the detail in the story but i think i agree with anita_mwiruki when she says she wishes youd focous more on the fireplace. GREAT STORY OVERALL

    ReplyDelete