Monday, August 29, 2011

Hellen Keller

After reading Helen Keller's narrative story, my opinion of her did not change. I learned however that she had a very frustrating childhood. Before Anne Sullivan she was unhappy and bitter, when her teacher finally made the breakthrough with her she was extremely happy. She broke the doll that her teacher gave her because she was basically angry with the world. She finally understood the meaning of the doll at the end after her breakthrough and felt sad for destroying it. After her breakthrough she was finally happy, eager to learn new things and explore the world with her newfound knowledge.

1 comment:

  1. Losing my sight and seeing as a toddler would have made me really bitter too I think! I'm impressed with Helen's capacity to not let that bitterness control her life

    ReplyDelete